|Points to consider
||The best foremen “park the car pointing downhill” – that is, before they leave work at the end of shift, they make a plan for the start of next day.
The best foremen get to work early – and they follow a routine:
· (If applicable) Tie in with the previous shift… or read the shift hand-over notes.
· Walk their area and confirm progress, conditions, housekeeping
· Review the plan for the day and prepare assignments.
· Review emails, safety bulletins or other announcements that must be shared with the crews.
· Coordinate with other foremen or support team members.
· Get to the crew meeting area a few minutes early and greet / mingle / chat with the crew as they arrive.
On some projects, foremen and superintendents fall into a competition to see who can show up the earliest each morning. If this works for you, great, but don’t sacrifice sleep just to win a pissing contest with your peers! Show up early enough to get yourself prepped… but no earlier.